Cognito Marks Twelfth Consecutive Year of Growth and Profitability
- Financial specialist international PR and marketing agency experiences a year of substantial growth & industry recognition
- Increasing focus on high level consulting, integrated and digital services and proprietary technology platform
- 20 new staff, 40 new clients in 2012
LONDON – February 11, 2013 – Cognito, the full-service public relations and marketing agency for the financial services sector, today announced another year of growth across its franchise of international offices, consulting and technology businesses.
Highlights of the year included:
- More than 40 new clients, including global foreign exchange broker OANDA, Europe-based data room services provider Drooms and the Museum of American Finance in New York. The firm took significant steps into the private equity and retail banking sectors, adding to its long-standing track record in trading, financial technology and asset management.
- More than 20 new staff members, including new London Managing Director Andrew Marshall, who brings three decades of experience in corporate communications and banking. New account staff include Senior Account Manager Kevin Maher and Account Manager Jon Schubin in New York, Account Manager Bryony Scragg in London and Account Manager Anika Sethi and Ee Ghim Chua in Singapore, each with years of experience with top-tier media and leading global financial companies. Cognito also created a graduate program which brought on board three new professionals in New York after successfully completing a six month training program.
- Awards recognition. Cognito won Bulldog’s Boutique Agency of the Year, and Senior Account Executive Angela Byrne was recognized as PR Daily’s PR Rookie of the Year. Cognito was also nominated for the IABC Gold Quill Merit Award, the New York Enterprise Report’s Great Entrepreneurial Places to Work, the Achievers Award and PR News’ Award. Additionally, Account Manager Oksana Poltavets was named by financial journalists as one of the most respected public relations professionals in a survey from Gorkana and the DePaul University College of Communications.
“Over the last 12 months in particular, our success has stemmed from recruiting and retaining of people of great caliber and experience. We invested in people by increasing training, adding senior talent and building up our global offices,” said President Dan Simon. “Our ability to win new clients, expand existing relationships and deliver first class integrated marketing and communications programs around the world is a testament to the strategy.”
Cognito is well-positioned for a stronger year with an emphasis on global growth and firm development. Founded in London in 1999, Cognito has since expanded its reach with offices in New York, Los Angeles and Singapore.
“Financial companies increasingly need strong communications partners that combine robust advice with proven and measurable execution methodologies,” said Tom Coombes, CEO of Cognito. “Cognito now has the size, experience and reach to help both global brands that need to target the financial sector as well as smaller and mid-size organizations. We are working hard with our clients to manage their reputations as well as to leverage their internal intellectual capital through integrated social and digital to help drive their businesses in a quantifiable way. Cognito’s unique platform, Cognito Analytics, is central to our ability to provide measurable, trackable services and extra value to our clients.”