PR Account Manager – New York
We’re looking for someone to join the Cognito team as an account manager.
Account managers are in many ways the lynchpin of the work we do here at Cognito. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking to make that next leap in their career. We’re looking for someone who is unafraid to meet and develop relationships with clients, journalists and colleagues – and help make connections between all three.
Account managers work on an average of five to six accounts. We make sure that all of our account managers have an interesting mix of clients and experiences – no day here is ever the same as you will be able to work on global integrated accounts with colleagues from London and Singapore.
You should have four to six years of experience in public relations or communications. We strongly prefer someone who spent at least part of their career in an agency environment although we are open to meeting strong candidates who have worked with multiple spokespeople in a global in-house environment.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll be doing at Cognito:
- Developing weekly and monthly plans for clients
- Building media relationships
- Coordinating client contact with the media
- Maintaining records of account activity
- Understanding issues relevant to clients in the press and making suggestions on how to take advantage of the news cycle
- Writing contributed content for editorial and advertorial use
- Working with junior and senior account staff
- Participating in client and new business meetings
Cognito has a lot to offer candidates including 20 paid days of vacation per year. We are fully integrated marketing and communications firm focused on finance and technology. We work with all of our offices from New York to London to Hong Kong to Singapore and Los Angeles.
If you’re the right candidate, we want to hear from you!
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Health benefits
• 401K plan
• Commuter benefits
To apply reach out to HR@cognitomedia.com please include a cover letter and resume.