Senior Account Executive - New York
Cognito is seeking an enthusiastic, intelligent and tactical Senior Account Executive.
As a Senior Account Executive you will have the opportunity to plan, manage, deliver, administer and drive the measurable impact of clients' stand-alone and integrated public relations, marketing (traditional, digital), media (paid, earned, social, owned) and content strategy programs.
- Stay ahead of professional competencies and leadership qualities needed to perform the role
- Become an expert in the client's business, industry subjects and key audiences
- Drive measurable performance and raise quality standards over time
- Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Implement media relations tactics including earned, paid, social and owned
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Build relationship with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Supervise staff junior to you by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Help plan and coordinate traditional and social media outreach programs
- Keep up with ever-changing media trends, media consumption habits, changes in media influences, the business of media, message development and framing
- Consistently choose the appropriate media channels/vehicles and content for conveying clients’ stories
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Commit to continuous learning; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Cognito’s values
Client Service Responsibilities:
- Producing planning calendars for clients, and reviewing them on a regular basis during account meetings.
- Scheduling monthly and Quarterly client meetings.
- Development of reporting with junior staff, specific to client account needs.
- Ensuring all materials that are delivered to the client arrive on time and are to the highest standard.
- Monitoring own time spent on account in line with the rest of the team.
- Monitoring and reporting on client’s competitor activity.
- Acting as the liaison between Account Team to which assigned and other relevant departments.
- Basic client interaction including, reporting on media trends in account meetings, and addressing the client as a consultant in email communication on basics topics like coverage, and interview opportunities.
- Selling in new ideas/stories to your Account Team and ultimately your clients.
- Keeping track of client deliverables, and ensuring that the team meets its interview targets on a monthly basis.
- Ability to draft documentation for media tours/summaries of media audits/reports etc.
- Should have three years of relevant experience in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Experience developing communications plans, implementing public relations tactics and imparting knowledge to more junior team members
- Strong research, writing, editing and client interaction skills, perform well under pressure and be a team player
- Experience in financial services, financial technology and/or enterprise technology is preferred
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to HR department